Friday, October 9, 2009

For God so loved the world.....

John3:16 AMP For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
17For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.


For God so loved the World...A very simple message, but so few understand. Jesus was sent here by God to save us. As a mother I could not imagine sending my ONLY son to save a world that would mock and reject Him. This shows the magnitude of the love of God. To some, God is a God that hoovers over us and waits for us to fail so that He can chastise us, but that is not true. He put His son a cross to bring us closer to Him. God knows that we are not perfect, but If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
To me my father and mother are an example of God's love, but his love is far greater! When I was growing up, my parents wanted the best for me and they still do. They are wiser and smarter than me because they have lived longer. When I did wrong as a child, I got a spanking or some other form of discipline. Why did they discipline me? Just to hurt me? No! They wanted to make sure that I was headed in the right direction. Sometimes my parents would give me chance after chance, warning after warning, but sometimes it took a spanking, discipline or me learning the "hard way," to realize what I was doing was wrong. God, is the same way. He doesn't tell us not to sin because he doesn't want you to have fun. He is doing it for your own good. The best thing about when I younger was I knew even though I messed up my parents loved me regardless. How much more does God love you?

No comments:

Post a Comment