Sunday, December 6, 2009

lukewarm christianity

Revelation 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

The lukewarm Christian. To be or not to be as I am sitting here in Houston Texas, the weather I unusually cold. Hot chocolate and hot tea warm my chilled bones and hot soup comfort me. en I read this scripture, it make me think of my hot chocolate and how I would be disgusted to drink it warm. I like my food either extremely hot or extremely cold. As a culinary student, we learned serving warm food create and speed up pathogen and germ. to be lukewarm in Christ will produce spiritual pathogens in your life. Pathogens of sexually immorality, lying, swearing, drinking, smoking and the list goes on. when you are spend less and less time with god, praying, reading the bible your get relationship gets strained. It is easier to make decisions that don’t include him or decisions that are not in sync with what he says. God want you to be on fire for him or not. Have you ever met an indecisive person…maybe or maybe not. Don’t you feel like saying ”make up your mind already, it’ either yes or no.” Being lukewarm displays the wrong message to other how are maybe searching for something more. For an example, going on to party on Saturday night getting drunk and turning around on Sunday to go to church. what type of message are sending out? would God be pleased? How does that honor him? we are to honor him in ALL that we do, not some thing that we do. God wants us to honor him when no one is looking. God knows our heart and our every thought. I chose this scripture mainly for me. I have been sitting on the sidelines…to be or not to be…the question was for me. I know what I want to be. I don’t want to send mixed messages or be lukewarm for god. He has blessed my family so much and I want to give him my all. What is your choice/

If you are not saved and want to know Jesus on a personal level, say this prayer;

"God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross at Calvary, and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen."
After you have said this prayer;
Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
Find a local church where you can worship God

No comments:

Post a Comment